View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Insei

re: Queer eye for the non-guy.

Forum Image

I dislike my UI. I like the actual addons I have, and what they do for me, but the way I have them arranged feels busy and somewhat unorganized. As a mage, DPS is often the second or third on the list of stuff I need to be doing during a raid, so I feel it's important for everything to be as accessible as possible so that I can multi-task effectively.

If anyone has a UI bundle that they use that works well for them, I'd appreciate a heads up. Keep in mind that I have to play WoW in windowed mode--I play on a shitty laptop, and it's the only thing that keeps my framerate where it needs to be. In the same vein, I can't use any mods that suck up too much memory (let me know if the ones below do that, btw ).

Here's a list of my favorite addons:

Quartz
Cryolysis 2
Bartender 3
Xperl Raid Frames
Grid
Big Wigs (the bars show up in the upper lefthand corner during raids)
Cartographer
Lightheaded (and TomTom)
And, well, I don't LOVE Omen, but it's what we use.

Any help would be wildly appreciated Happy I don't mind revamping the whole thing, or subbing out addons with similar (or better) ones, so have at it.
nugzilla
Officer
Choo Choo

Forum Image
Forum Image

HAV0Q
What is the Internet?

Running in windowed mode uses more video memory and actually gives worse FPS...unless u shrink it down to a game boy sized window.
Insei

Yeah, Havoq, that's what everyone told me. But for some reason, it works for me. It might be because I'm on a laptop, I dunno. It uses MUCH less memory for me in windowed mode, I've checked the system resources for each and the framerate is just so obviously better. I can't explain it mad I don't know enough about computers.

Thanks for posting your UI and mods, Nuggiez Happy I really like the way Pitbull looks, and I hear it's highly customizable. I'mma switch to that and try it out.
Robotron_

In my videos, the UI I use is Pitbull, and it looks totally different from what Nuggiez is using.

Moral of the story: Pitbull melts faces because you can do so many awesome things with it.

Insei wrote:
Yeah, Havoq, that's what everyone told me. But for some reason, it works for me. It might be because I'm on a laptop, I dunno. It uses MUCH less memory for me in windowed mode, I've checked the system resources for each and the framerate is just so obviously better. I can't explain it mad I don't know enough about computers.

Thanks for posting your UI and mods, Nuggiez Happy I really like the way Pitbull looks, and I hear it's highly customizable. I'mma switch to that and try it out.

I'm telling u right now, it runs worse...unless u have some freaky issue with drivers or your directx files, there's no way windowed mode will run better...I R a GEEK IRL-I know these things!
Insei

I can't argue with results though, Havoq. If it works better, it works better My framerate doubled in raids since I started playing in windowed mode.

And Robo, that is Pitbull, Nuggiez just has it segmented and shit with some eepanels. But yeah, I'm playing with it now, I like how customizable it is. Looks much cleaner than xperl, too.
HAV0Q
What is the Internet?

Forum Image
Insei

Forum Image

This is what I got going for the moment. I'm growing fond of it. Gonna keep looking around for more tweaks.
HAV0Q
What is the Internet?

Windowed mode runs slower than full screen mode! FUCK!
Grimhyde
What is the Internet?

HAV0Q wrote:
Windowed mode runs slower than full screen mode! FUCK!

Totally random thought but maybe somehow entering windowed mode reduces some settings automatically. Check everything in windowed and non-windowed mode, just an idea.
I heard windowed mode puts hardcore stress on GPUs and it's not wise to do it all the time unless you got a good rig.
HAV0Q
What is the Internet?

Ya windowed mode uses more video ram, system resources, etc., etc., etc...but I'm just messin around...I run fullscreen man mode...rawr...400FPS when I R look down...rawr...
Insei

Then why do I get 6 FPS in fullscreen mode in Shatt and 15 FPS in windowed mode? All the settings remaining the same, of course (AAAALL the way down).
HAV0Q
What is the Internet?

What's your resolution in fullscreen mode, what is the aspect ratio of your monitor. This is starting to piss me off, it must go faster in full screen unless something is wrong.

DirectX Update:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&DisplayLang=en
Insei

By request: My computer's a Dell Inspiron B130. It has 2 gigs of RAM 'cause I put it in there, only tweak.

Video: Mobile Intel® 915GM/GMS, 910GML Express Chipset Family

Sound: SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC

...my bad if those aren't the video/sound cards, but are in fact something else. I'm a future neuroscientist, not so much a code monkey

Last edited by Insei on Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Purple Train Forum Index -> UI Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: